Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life With A New Baby

Crazy should sum it up.
It's been interesting adjusting to life with two little ones. Aden has really been good around Heather. He hasn't acted jealous and has actually adjusted quite well. But I realized how "active" he is now. I had my first outing on Friday to the doctor's office with two. After the appointment Aden took off running and I had to set out after him, but it takes a little bit when your still trying to get the newborn dressed. So, the nurse had to fetch him back for me. Aden and I had a nice long talk about that, and he's been better about listening and staying closer to me. The dog is still trying to get used to a baby in the house. He's always following her around, and trying to give her "kisses". Also, he thinks he needs to be the center of attentoin now too. In fact, I think he's more jealous than the 3 year old. Nights have been pretty good baby wise. She hardly ever fusses except when her dinner isn't served right away. She wakes up about 3 times a night but for never longer than 20 minutes (she goes to sleep right after eating). Nathan had to leave town on Sunday for the death of a friend, so it's just been the three of us. I have a new appreciation for single mothers with two children. My mom, thankfully, has been coming over to help us out so it hasn't been too bad. But I'm sure life will get more interesting as Heather gets bigger!

No comments: