Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Time to be a kid again

One of the best parts about being a parent is being a kid again! I loved doing little "creating and painting" projects when I was a kid and now Aden is old enough to begin the fun. Paper mache was my forte so we've been doing all kinds of things. Aden's favorite is a Volcano that we made. He got to "create" the mountain, mold and shape it, then paint it, and of course, what's a volcano without an eruption...just add some vinegar and baking soda! He asks everyday now if we can make another one Another one of his favorite projects is making a Tornado (were big into science and nature stuff). We take a jar, mix some chemicals, add the food coloring, and the debris (spices) and let him swirl away....it makes a little tornado and the spices look like dust around the "tornado". We'll also being making a solar system soon, with balloons, paper mache, and paint...but I haven't gathered enough newspapers yet, plus I'm not ready for the mess. Anyway, the other project Aden loved was his cowboy and Indian fort. We just took a box, painted it, and made teepees out of Paper plates. So plain but so much fun. I don't have very many pics, but I'll be better about that.






1 comment:

Granny Z. said...

That is so cool that you take the time to do fun things with Aden. I know that many of the fun things our kids got to do growing up was because I liked to do those things too and kids were a good excuse! It might look kind of silly if someone walked in and you were making a volcano, but with a child present they think you are awesome.